Current time: 10-18-2017, 06:51 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

VA Call Back Number
08-04-2015, 01:44 PM
VA Call Back Number
I need to contact the VA regarding a recent letter I received and attempted to call the 1-800-827-1000 number. Typically, as in my many attempts, all available personell were busy and I was asked to call back later or set up a call back number. There was no option to set up the call back system. I called back after hours and was instructed to call during working hours, again with no call back option.

Am I missing something or is this another typical VA screw-up? Can anyone help with how to set up the call back number?

Thanks much,

John
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2015, 02:00 PM
RE: VA Call Back Number
I don't know your situation, but I would call your local VA office. That's what I got when I called that 800 number.

People who fear death never live.
08-05-2015, 04:49 PM
The next evening, after normal VA hours, the call-back system was set up by the VA. I do not know why it wasn't set up the previous day. I left my information on the call-back system and I was pleasntly surprised when the VA called back as scheduled. The person at the VA was pleasant and did what he could to eliminate my problem. Hats off to this VA representative for his doing what he was required to do at the prescheduled time.
08-05-2015, 05:09 PM
Smile
(08-05-2015 04:49 PM)John DD820 Wrote:  The next evening, after normal VA hours, the call-back system was set up by the VA. I do not know why it wasn't set up the previous day. I left my information on the call-back system and I was pleasntly surprised when the VA called back as scheduled. The person at the VA was pleasant and did what he could to eliminate my problem. Hats off to this VA representative for his doing what he was required to do at the prescheduled time.

Smile

07-14-2017, 09:03 PM
Does anyone have the 800 number to the White House that was set up this year? Also has anyone called it before?
07-15-2017, 05:10 AM (This post was last modified: 07-15-2017 05:10 AM by raymel65.)
(07-14-2017 09:03 PM)gunnerae19 Wrote:  Does anyone have the 800 number to the White House that was set up this year? Also has anyone called it before?

the Hotline @ 855 -948-2311. There have been thousands of calls made, put your hat in the ring!

07-16-2017, 08:14 AM
(07-14-2017 09:03 PM)gunnerae19 Wrote:  Does anyone have the 800 number to the White House that was set up this year? Also has anyone called it before?

I've called it at least 5 times. They may ask for your SSN, but will take just the last 4 digits. They're set up primarily to help out with your particular case, but since mine has been denied because of no boots on the ground, it is a moot point. I, along with many, call to express our support of the 2 bills before Congress that would restore benefits and compensation. I ask that they pass this information along to President Trump, or at least to his staff. My guess is that the person you reach will already be familiar with our cause. By the way, these people are all volunteers and don't work for the VA, so be sure to thank them for volunteering. Please call and add your two cents worth to our cause, or if you have an issue with your claim, let them know that as well.

James A. Smith
USS Butte (AE-27) 72-73
USNA Class of 1972