Current time: 11-25-2017, 05:15 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

July VA Punishment Deadline
07-01-2015, 11:31 PM
July VA Punishment Deadline
From military.com, Dec 16, 2014:
"The Veterans Affairs Department has set a July deadline for recommending administrative or disciplinary action against any employee who manipulated patient appointments, including those that caused delays leading to veteran deaths."

Any announcement from the VA on this? Or will they just blow it off like most every other deadline? Angry

James A. Smith
USS Butte (AE-27) 72-73
USNA Class of 1972
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2015, 01:42 AM
RE: July VA Punishment Deadline
<crickets chirping>

James A. Smith
USS Butte (AE-27) 72-73
USNA Class of 1972
11-05-2015, 12:02 PM
Who is going to recommend it? No, I have not heard of any such deadline, nor investigation recommending it.

People who fear death never live.
11-05-2015, 09:54 PM
According to this link, the VA was supposed to make the recommendations. I haven't read what they came up with.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2014/...ent-f.html

James A. Smith
USS Butte (AE-27) 72-73
USNA Class of 1972
11-08-2015, 12:04 AM
According to the Senate Veteran Affairs Committee, they are still waiting.

-JR

Rossie
A Veteran -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to and including their life.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-08-2015, 09:54 PM
Even if Congress calls the VA on the carpet, they just shrug their shoulders and nothing ever happens. They have been playing that game for so long that they know they can outlast Congress. Just look at the arrogance shown recently when some VA regional office managers had to be subpoenaed to appear before Congress because they didn't voluntarily show up before. Then they just cited their 5th amendment right not to testify. I wish McDonald would grow a pair and do what is right instead of getting sucked into that "us vs. them" mentality that seems to pervade the VA.

James A. Smith
USS Butte (AE-27) 72-73
USNA Class of 1972
02-23-2016, 06:54 PM
I just joined BWN and so far have found it very informational. I am 68 years old and a Vietnam vet. I have had many different illnesses and have been diagnosed through VA Docs and regular ones and I have over 20 of the illnesses that are on the VA medical list. When I saw my VA Doc in January she asked me if I had ever looked into being exposed to Agent Orange. I told her no as I was on a ship. Someone sent me a link to the BWN and behold here is the news. I was exposed. I am working on a claim now but am pretty disgusted by the VA not ever asking me or telling me to look into it before this. I filed a claim with VA for my hearing as I was in the engine room in 2007 and no one said anything about Agent Orange. My congresswoman is Cathy McMorris and she is always saying how much she has done for our vets. I have never heard her address the Agent Orange issues. I voted for her but now I am fed up with Congress and the VA. I hope this is ok to post this here.
02-23-2016, 08:30 PM
jonvic2, The big Question for you is do you have Boots on the Ground in Vietnam at all, or Inland Waterways?

Welcome to our Family.....

Later, Ken
02-24-2016, 03:43 PM
jonvic2, I say welcome also. You was wise to join the BWNVNVA where you will find help, advise, empathy ,and tons of information that will aid you in your greatest battle of all--with the VA. We've all had our such battles. Some have won, and many are still fighting for their "just due". You came at a time when much progress has been achieved in getting presumptive AO exposure benefits for the BWN sailors who didn't go ashore or served on within the land mass on VN. Hopefully your ship was a Brown Water ship and you was aboard at the appropriate time, or you can prove "boots on the ground" even for a short period of time. If so, perhaps your fight won't be as great or as long with the VA as were the non brown water sailors. You have a lot of diseases. Some may be secondary to Diseases linked to AO. If so, you can file for SC for those too. For example, hypertension, peripheral neuropathy, retinopathy, kidney disease are some that are secondary to DM2.
08-04-2017, 01:49 PM
Just wondering, it is now 90 days and counting since the BWN made it's arguments to the courts. Any word yet on findings?
08-04-2017, 04:40 PM
The Court has not issued its ruling yet. There really is no way to know exactly, but we just guessed it would be sooner then this. The ruling will eventually come.... whenever they write up their final ruling.

Rossie
A Veteran -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to and including their life.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user