Current time: 08-21-2017, 08:01 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Miltenberger, Bill
05-13-2014, 06:00 PM
Miltenberger, Bill
This just came to me a few minutes ago. Bill will be greatly missed.

After a valient battle with cancer, we lost our dear husband, father, brother and friend Bill Miltenberger. Bill worked very hard for our American veterans, especially the blue water navy men and women who served our country the same as their counterparts on land and yet have not received compensation from the VA. He reached out and touched many people as he worked so tirelessly for this cause. Bill was passionate about playing and writing his music, bluegrass, country, and Americana. Until he was physically unable to he enjoyed playing sports especially gold and baseball. He also loved raising chickens and living in rural areas as it reminded him of growing up in North Dakota. He enjoyed the companionship of his dogs especially Otis who went everywhere with him including 41 states. He was a very loyal friend and especially cherished his friendship with Dale druggars and Dennis Johnston as well as the many friends he made online. His deepest love was for his family, his wife Lisa sons, kayle, Tom and sean, his daughter lara and her fiance justin. His grandson sage and his mother brittany and his grandpa jj and his grand daughter ayla who he renamed himself AR. As well as his many brothers and sisters, neice and nephews. Unfortunately after years of medical bills and hardships the family is in need of donations to give Bill the memorial he deserves to celebrate the life of this great man.
LINK TO DONATIONS PAGE http://www.gofundme.com/95067c

People who fear death never live.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-14-2014, 08:15 AM (This post was last modified: 05-14-2014 08:16 AM by GordyM.)
RE: Miltenberger, Bill
Bill was an important part of this website and supporter of all vets. He will be missed and is on "liberty call"....

Gordy
ABF2 (Aviation Fuels)

USS Ticonderoga (CVS-14)
USS Oriskany (CVA-34)
USS Coral Sea (CVA-43)
1972 - 1976 (Active Duty)
05-14-2014, 10:41 AM
Praying for his family at this time of loss. He will be greatly missed by many. RIP Bill

Darcy
Widow of Harold Lloyd "Harry"
USS Stribling DD 867
05-14-2014, 11:47 AM
Another "link" from our friendship chain gone. Go rest high on that mountain, brother, you've earned it.

gunlineman1
05-15-2014, 02:01 AM
Rest in peace Bill , you will be missed here.

Mac
USS Hornet CVS 12 / VS-35 / AK3
1965-1967
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club / VFW life member / BWNVVA member/ Not Pollywogg
05-15-2014, 02:42 PM
For the hours we have been together speaking and fighting this battle. So long my friend, mate, and much of the backbone of BWNVVA. So long my friend, may we sail again on that big sea in the sky. RIP Bill, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Later, Ken
05-15-2014, 06:41 PM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2014 06:41 PM by johnr.)
Bill was an integral part of this Association as well as his own Blue Water Sailors of the Vietnam War. In fact, without Bill's many late nite hours, you wouldn't be using this very Discussion Board that you are right now. There will be a hole in Reality now that Bill has gone. The entire Blue Water Navy Family offers Bill a solemn salute as we stand at attention for his Taps. Fair winds and following seas, Daklander. We will endeavor to carry on. Thank you for being who and what you were.

-JR

Rossie
A Veteran -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to and including their life.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-16-2014, 12:03 AM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2014 12:08 AM by Ken Hummel.)
Thanks JR, when I heard this today, it about floored me. One would think that the work he has compiled and shared with us daily, he had his steam roller on full blast and that his energy level was never ending. I would have never suspected how sevre his health was, and it...reminds of a few other that took to the limit from this association.

I am glad you posted what you did, I was truly at a loss of the RIGHT words to say for Bill, and I am glad you filled in with what needed to be said...again, thanks JR.

Later, Ken
05-19-2014, 07:48 PM
Amen, JR

gunlineman1
05-19-2014, 10:25 PM
Another sailor gone. Bill certainly worked very hard on the Blue Water Navy issues and always shared so that others would benefit.
You will be missed by your Blue water Navy family.
Susie
05-21-2014, 11:28 PM
Bill's memorial service is on Friday, 5/23 St. Catherines of Alexandria Catholic Church located at 41875 "C" St Temecula Ca 9
2592 at 10:00 AM. Reception at 11:30, Lara's house (call Lisa for address 951-208-9708 or 951-230-2650). Please come if you can!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-04-2016, 08:06 AM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2016 09:24 AM by raymel65.)
Today is Bill's Birthday. He would have been 68. RIP, my friend, you are not forgotten and you are missed.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

People who fear death never live.