Current time: 09-26-2017, 01:35 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

To good not to share with the world...
12-27-2009, 02:23 PM
To good not to share with the world...
My 4 1/2 year old grandson came over to visit awhile last week, and as he was arriving, Grandpa started pulling his chain as I normally do with him just to keep him on his toes.

I looked at him and asked him who he was and if I knew him, and he commenced to tell me that I was his grandpa, then I asked him if he was sure? He told me with a little frustration in his voice what his name was, (in full length by the way), first, middle, second middle, nic name, and finally his last name. I asked him again if he was sure, and he told me firmly once again who he was. I told him again that he did look sort of familiar, but I still wasn't sure if I really knew him and if he was sure he knew who I was. After a few more minutes of funning with him, grandpa got his kiss and off he went to play in the house until he was ready to leave.

About an hour or so later he was getting ready to leave, so I went into the house to say goodbye. As he was putting on his coat, I asked him if he was leaving me already cause he just got here, and he said yes, he was going to pick up his cousins with his uncle. I told him OK, and to have fun and be safe, and I will see him later.....then I asked him if I could have a kiss goodbye?

He looked at me with the straightest face and said, "Do I know you?"

Later, Ken
Find all posts by this user
12-27-2009, 08:00 PM
Re: To good not to share with the world...
Ken,
That is precious and we also have a 4 year old who will be 5 on Feb 1. I have a cute one to share as well. This winter, my daughter, son in law and 4 year old grandson will be flying to Florida to spend a week. Zachary is so excited about getting on a plane. His dad took him to the Albany airport to show him how big the plane will be that he will be traveling on . He said to me just yesterday. "Nana I can't wait to fly down to Florida to see you and papa and see a real beach, but I am sad that I cannot open the window on the airplane to touch a cloud."

Susie
12-27-2009, 11:31 PM
Re: To good not to share with the world...
Too cute. We have a 4 year old grandson (in FL where we are now) and a 4 year old granddaughter in Maine. Both are going to be 5 in March and you never know what they will say.

In Jacob got really frustrated with his mom when they were doing something ....and told her that she needed to follow his "erections" . After she fell out, she realized he meant directions. :lol:

Marcella "Marcie" Messer
Proud Daughter, Wife and Mother of USNAVY MEN